Saffron or Kartam, as it is also known, is one of the most ancient cultures. It originates from South Asia and has been cultivated since prehistoric times. Organic saffron oil is extracted from the saffron plant - Carthamus tinctorius (not to be confused with the saffron crocus - Crocus sativus from which the spice saffron is extracted). Used for coloring and flavoring foods; in the composition of drugs used to color them red and yellow. Cardamom oil is a great substitute for saffron and sunflower oil.
Saffron oil is extremely suitable for all skin types, is quickly absorbed and creates a protective layer on the skin. Here are just some of the impressive benefits of saffron oil:
- - Saffron oil is a great moisturizer . Deeply moisturizes dry and sensitive skin, thanks to its powerful moisture-retaining and moisture-regulating effect.
- - Saffron oil is useful in acne treatment because it does not clog skin pores. Acne is deficient in linoleic acid, which is abundant in saffron oil.
- - Saffron oil evens out and brightens skin tone , reducing conditions of hyperpigmentation and helping to prevent pigment spots.
- - Saffron oil improves skin elasticity by helping with skin irritations such as dryness, peeling and flaking.
Application: Saffron oil has a number of applications, some of which are:
- - as an exfoliating face mask - saffron oil can be combined with other natural scrubs and used as a face mask. Mix honey, oatmeal and saffron oil. Stir well. Apply the mixture on the face and leave it on for about 15-20 minutes. Then gently wash the mask off your face with cold water. Dry your skin and add a moisturizer.
- - as body massage oil - mix 90ml saffron oil with 5 drops of lavender essential oil and 2 drops of chamomile oil and incense oil. After the massage, the skin will regain its natural vitality and complexion.
- - as a moisturizing therapy for dry, mature, tired skin, bags and dark circles under the eyes - the non-greasy texture of saffron oil makes it an excellent moisturizer for facial skin. A few drops on the face during the day, protect it from the sun, and applied the night before bed, keep the skin hydrated at night.
- - as a moisturizing product for dry hair, dry and damaged hair ends, hair loss . Once a week, apply a little oil on the ends of the hair. Leave it on for 30-60 minutes and wash your hair with shampoo.
Contraindications: Before use, perform a sensitivity test by applying a few drops of oil on the forearm. Wait up to 48 hours. If you have a skin reaction such as a rash or redness, consult a dermatologist.
Storage: in a dark and cool place, away from direct sunlight, and out of reach of children.